Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last Call!

It's closing time.  One last call for mommy's milk, so finish your bottle my dear.

When I was nursing my daughter, I pumped for the first 10 days each time after breastfeeding to increase my milk supply.  The nursing and extra pumping did not bother me.  I was more than happy to do it.  I never tired of these tasks.  Of course, I didn't have to pump for very long.

This time around, I find that I am getting tired of pumping every 2 hours.  Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to do it.  It's best for Brennan and he deserves the best.  But man, am I TIRED.  Every time I turn around, it's time to pump again. 

I guess I probably didn't mind nursing my daughter every two hours-ish because I was able to hold her in my arms.  I am unable to hold Brennan, and I feel that I am craving that special bonding time.  That, and of course, there were no breast pump parts to wash every time I nursed.  Time-saver right there.  My hands feel raw, even with lotion, due to the increased washing.  I need to have my hubby bring me some dish washing gloves so my skin isn't so irritated... and in turn, maybe I'll be less irritated with pumping.

The last few days have been a little off schedule, and I've been going to bed pretty late.  Today, however, I have been able to stay on schedule... and I am about to do my last pump for the night.  I'll get to bed before 3:30 AM, wahoo!  After the 2 AM pumping, Mommy's Milk Bar will be closed.  I'll re-open tomorrow morning and commence liquid gold production.

Must do what we must do.  It's important, and totally worth it in the end!  One of these days I hope to hold Brennan in my arms, and not the silly, yet totally awesome breast pump.


No comments:

Post a Comment