Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bloggity Blog Blog - Challenge Accepted

Blog Challenge: Day 1

I've been keeping up with a friend who blogs, and she recently started a Blog Challenge.  After reading some of her posts, I thought it looked like fun.  For me, it's all about getting back to the basics of writing.  (Okay, maybe not.)  Or, if you have writer's block, it supplies a few themes to get those words a cranking.  (I'm not at a loss of words yet, but just in case I run out of topics, I would like to be prepared.)  In a way, I feel this blog challenge will help you get to know me better.  (Maybe that's why I actually decided to do this...  Perhaps I have a few skeletons in my closet you don't know about...  Oh!  Intrigue!)

A song comes to mind: Getting to Know You.  Insert lyrics:
"Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you'll like me.

Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea...

Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say

Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?
Because of all the beauty and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day by day."
Lyrics from <a href="http://www.elyrics.net">eLyrics.net</a>

May 1st's topic was the story of your life in 250 words or less.  Now, that is a challenge!

I was born in a box (the hospital) and rode home in a box (the car.)  I lived in a box (my parent's house.)  Then we moved around and lived in a few different boxes (yep, other houses.)  One day, I found myself living in a box full of other boxes (college dorms), and couldn't figure out what I was doing there.  So, I left.  I met a man and we decided to move into a box (apartment) together.  Then we adopted one cat and one dog, and they joined us in our happily little box.  After several years, I flew in a box (airplane... which I'd done several times before) so my husband and I could have a better life.  I temporarily lived in one large, open box (military barracks), and shared said box with approximately 50 other women.  Then I was reunited with the hubbs to live in a box (military housing) by the sea.  We moved to several other boxes (houses) during my time in the military.  When I found out I swallowed a packing peanut (J/K... I got pregnant with my daughter), I left the military and moved closer to my original box (home.)  Found another packing peanut (pregnant with baby 2), and the current plan is to deliver and live happily ever after... in a bigger BOX.

[And I have 28 words to spare!!!  Boom!]

Living & thinking outside the BOX - far more interesting than being trapped inside the BOX... agreed?  Moral of story: seize life, every opportunity, every moment... live to the fullest! 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment