Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Today's Toddler Highlight

My 2.5 year old is really into the Toy Story movies lately.  She just can't get enough of the 1950's cowboy and modern-day space cadet duo.

Well, today Little M decided that we should be characters from the movie.  She chose to be Woody, told Daddy he was Buzz Lightyear, and asked me to play Jessie.  We gladly obliged.

She absolutely was delighted when my husband picked her up and flew her around saying, "To infinity, and beyond!" 

M would say things like "There's a snake in my boot," and "Somebody poisoned the watering hole."  Then she would talk about her boots... which so happened to be a pair of purple and green sneakers... not her actual pink boots.  "I love my boots.  I want to take my boots off.  I want to put my boots back on."

My daughter's best phrase however was yelled from the back of the car as we drove down a busy 4-laner during heavy traffic.  Cars were merging and swerving all over the place - like it was the end of the universe or something.  When one big truck swerved in front of me, M yelled, "We're not aiming for the truck!"  Spoiler Alert: This is what Buzz says to Woody as they fly over the moving van and into the minivan in the first film.  Perfect timing kiddo!  She had us rolling with laughter!

Chairs also became Bullseye, the horse... she would pretend to ride.

But our greatest moments of the day were when we would say to each other: "I love you, Woody.  I love you, Jessie.  I love you, Buzz."

What a wonderful short story to add to our collection of animated tales.  This was today's Toddler Highlight.  My girl keeps me on my toes, and she keeps me laughing.  We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment