Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Official Snuggle!





Hi!

I am happy to report that Brennan and I had our first official snuggle today!  It was absolutely amazing holding him... I mean, REALLY HOLDING HIM, for the very first time since birth.  He is nearly a month old, so cuddle time was long overdue.  He did very well and didn't D-SAT (desaturation: too low oxygen levels).  I am most definitely one proud mama!  I think we both needed this time; we were both very, very happy.

My Little Man has been maintaining his weight of 2 pounds and 3 ounces.  And he is tolerating his "feeds" very well.  He was getting 2 mL of breast milk every 3 hours and his nurse was bumping it up to 3 mL today!  (On a side note: I pumped 605 mL yesterday!!!  I'm finally getting up there!)

Also, today when we walked up to his incubator... I could swear he had a growth spurt overnight!  He looked a thousand times bigger than when I saw him yesterday.  Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I couldn't get over how much it looked like he had grown.  I'm just so thankful he is over the MRSA infection in his bloodstream!  Now he is one healthy, growing boy!  (Seriously, yesterday it looked as if I might be able to get my wedding band around his hand.  Today, not so much!)

Hopefully Brennan will continue to have good days, so we can snuggle more often!  I could hold him all day long, every day.  That's what I did with my daughter!  Loved every minute.  Looking forward to holding him more often, and eventually in the comfort of our own home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment