Friday, June 14, 2013

Our Toy Story, Part 2

My sweet daughter thought it would be fun to play the Toy Story characters again.  Once more, she was Woody, I played Jessie, and my husband pretended to be Buzz Lightyear.

This morning I sat down in the recliner beside my daughter who was playing on the floor in our living room.  She asked me for something, and I told her to wait just a minute so I could get settled.  She didn't like this response, so in her best Woody voice she said, "Reach for the sky!"  I nearly lost it!

A little later I taught her to "play dead" when I said the phrase "Andy's coming!"  She cracked up with laughter and thought that was just the funniest thing ever!  Then she would keep yelling "Andy's coming!" to watch us flop over and become lifeless like her favorite toy gang.  I've never seen her get so excited over pretend play.

We love our animated life with our toddler!  She definitely keeps us on our toes, and keeps life very, very interesting.

(See also, Today's Toddler Highlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment