Friday, June 14, 2013

Standard Precautions

There will be no signing-in or answering the questionnaire today.  Also, there will be no two minute scrubbings/hand washings or gowning-up.

Big M and Little M are under the weather.  Due to their symptoms, and the fact that I spent a lot of time with them yesterday - that's right, I had contact people, I can't go to the hospital to visit my Little Man as a standard precaution.  (I'm also not hanging out with my M&Ms to reduce my chances of picking up the bug.)  I understand the precaution, and I definitely don't want to risk getting my preemie sick... in case something icky is brewing in my system... but I'm disheartened all the same.  No snuggles today, from anyone in my precious family.

I wish I could go through some sort of decontamination chamber, and put on a hazmat suit or something, so I can go see my baby.  Seriously!  But I suppose I will just have to wait.  Story of my life these last few months.

The above entry was typed on Thursday.  Now for Friday:

I didn't get to see my Little Man again today... we're still giving it time and making sure I don't get him sick, especially since they are starting to fortify my breast milk in attempts to get him off of the IV fluids.  Preemies already have enough tummy troubles, and I certainly don't want to give him a stomach bug.

I did decide to venture home to see my hubby and daughter.  They are feeling much better.  Let's hope tomorrow is a great day for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment