Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Landing The Role! Domestic Goddess: Wife & Super-Mom

Blog Challenge: Day 6.

Prompt: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, "What do you do?"

"All the world's a stage, and I need more lighting!"  Wait, that's not it...  "And all the men and women merely players."  Yes, that's Shakespeare.  (Although, the former quote still works best in my case; not gonna lie!  I don't mind center stage and a little lime-light.  Attention?  Yes please!  Just ask my husband.)

In high school, I did a little theatre.  I played one of the witches from Macbeth ("double, double, toil and trouble!")  I was a sparkly, fairy godmother.   I played the girl who lost a friend in the Fake Prom Crash - drunk driving accident simulation (and actually had a write-up in the paper that followed the performance, picture included.)  This is really neither here nor there.  Wait, I am making a point: Just letting you get to know me, and some of the roles I played/things I did back in the day.

The most important roles I play, however, are not on stage in an auditorium.   My most important roles are that of wife and mother... domestic goddess, and are performed on the great stage of life.

So, what all do I do exactly?  What are my many roles?  By the way, this list only depicts a small portion of my duties.

I am a daughter, and a granddaughter.  I am a sister (and can be a bratty one at times... for old times' sake... it's fun driving my brother crazy!)  I am a cousin.  I am a niece.  I am an aunt.  I am a friend-extraordinaire.  And most importantly, I am a domestic goddess (dishes, mops and brooms bow down to me... just kidding!): I am a devoted, loving wife (couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime!) and Super-Mom (yes, I do tons of whooshing.)

I am a prayer warrior.  I am a knitter and a sewer.  I am a photographer (not professionally!)  I am a blogger.  I am a chef, server and busboy.  I am a dirty-pot scrubber.  I am a stocker.  I am a chauffeur.  I am a maid.  I am a laundress.  I am a teacher.  I am a boo-boo kisser, and natural healer.  I am a snot wiper.  I am a hair comber, tooth brusher, and bath tub filler-upper.  I am an adventurer.  I scare away monsters.  I am a stuffed-animal finder, and toy wrangler.  I am a silly-song singer.  I am a funny face maker.  I am a story-teller.  I am a snuggler and cuddler.  I am a shaper of dreams.  I am an encourager of accomplishments.  I am the other half that makes my husband whole... and in turn, wouldn't be whole without him as my other half.  I am my family's chronologist: time-keeper and alarm clock too.  I am a memory maker.  I am a guardian.  I am a protector...

We have many roles in life.  There are many relationships we hold, many jobs we perform, and many things we do - some things for fun, some things out of obligation, some things out of necessity, some things out of habit, some things just for the heck of it, etc.

All jobs aside, find roles in life you can be proud of.  Make a difference in the world, no matter how big or how small... no matter if you reach one person or thousands.  I am more than satisfied being a wife and mother.  For me, these are the roles of a lifetime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment