Monday, April 29, 2013

Numb Bum

The wild, world of Subchorionic Hematomas: Part 1.

Due to a rather large blood clot surrounding half of my placenta, I've been on bed rest for the better part of two months now during my second pregnancy.  I am permitted to get up and use the bathroom, and I do get out to my doctor appointments.  But the remainder of my time is mostly spent lying in my beloved recliner.  And quite frequently, I experience NUMB BUM.  Tonight was no exception.

I have been so uncomfortable this evening.  It's hard for me to relax when I have a day full of gushing blood.  When I'm in my recliner on days like today, I find that I'm locked up from the waist down.  I feel as if I'm holding the longest kegel ever in the world... like I'm desperately using my mind to try and keep the blood from flowing out of my tense body.  This, of course, is a ridiculous notion.  But it is a factor that contributes to Numb Bum all the same.

Another contributing factor to Numb Bum is that I sit atop layers of materials to prevent a potential gusher from ruining my favorite chair that holds me daily.  I have improvised barriers using a huge garbage bag, followed by an old beat up towel, and then using a hospital chuck to top it all off.  As I shift, get up, sit down, and shift again throughout the day, these layers get bunched.  Who would have thought your a$$ would fall asleep due to sitting/lying on a few wrinkles?

It's a bummer that chair stretches and massages don't help to wake up my Numb Bum cheeks.  I suppose I'll just have to chalk it up to another badge of pregnancy, and take it like a champ. 


1 comment:

  1. Side note: smacking my own a$$ doesn't help either. Although, it sure does get a few laughs from my husband. Yes, trying to keep it interesting. J/K

    ReplyDelete