Saturday, April 27, 2013

Getting Through The Storm

Thought I would share some scripture, quotes, a song, etc. that have been helping me get through the storm of my complicated pregnancy.


Psalm 28:7 - "The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him."

"In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." ~ Job 12:10

Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 

*  "Dear Lord, I'm not understanding the 'why' of this. It's hard and messy. But I will hold on to the fact that You are in control of it. You can heal it. And my hope is in You, not this circumstance. Amen."  Shared from Proverbs 31 Ministries' Status.

*  "Apparently God only gives us what He thinks we can handle.  He must think I'm a bad-ass."  ~ Rotten eCards

*  "Worry fades away when we know for sure our future is secure in God's hands."  ~ Posted by a friend on facebook.  Not sure of original source.

*  "Don't you DARE give up!  God can turn broken pieces into masterpieces."  ~ www.verseinspireme.com

*  Psalm 139:13-14 -  "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

*  "Prayer is a bridge from your mess to God's rest."  ~ Women Living Well 

*  The song "Carry Me" by Josh Wilson.  http://youtu.be/3jZmBQn_018

*  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."  ~ Romans 8:28


Also, making a few jokes here and there to laugh about my journey instead of crying has been helpful.  For example, I told a friend I needed a motorized recliner and a moving van... so I can get outta my house!  Bed rest does not suit me, at least, not for weeks on end...

And of course, the most important thing helping me get through the storm has been kind words and gestures from friends and family.  I'm most appreciative of all of the meals and desserts dropped off, for all of the prayers, and words of encouragement coming my way.  It's also been helpful to hear stories from friends and family who have also had complicated pregnancies and made it through.

Blessed, not stressed.










No comments:

Post a Comment