Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Depends On Your Outlook

The wild, world of Subchorionic Hematomas: Part 3.

Never thought I would be one who would wear adult diapers in my thirties... 

I used to scoff at the idea of all of that paper material bunching around one's bum.  Don't get me wrong, I think they serve a valuable purpose for those that need them... I just never thought I would be the one to need them.  At least, not now.  Not at this stage of my life. 

During my monthly cycle, I scoffed at the idea of regular maxi pads.  I mean, the discovery of tampons early-on was a God-send.  No bunching.  No leaking.  Move about life as normal.  With a pad, or diaper in this case, you feel everything... and I hate it!  But it is what must be done.  In the beginning of my complicated pregnancy, I tried using the "banana boats."  But the ultra-long, super-absorbency pads were no match for my gushers, and I had to resort to using the catch-all diaper.

I no longer scoff at my extra padded tooshie.  Life with an adult diaper, depends on your outlook.  My pull-ups are my new best friend and have saved me a lot of fanny-related headaches... I'm not completely headache free, but I am able to rest slightly more than usual knowing I won't have a huge mess to clean up along the way.

Also, I treat my fancy, new, paper granny panties as sexy lingerie.  I totally rock the pull-up, and my husband agrees.  Leaves more to the imagination.  He just loves to go out to the "lingerie store" and purchase my new delicates for all of the world to see.  He's received a few stares and eye-ball rolls along the way.  But when he brings home my new treat, he is all the more willing to help me into the next pair... ready for the next Angel modeling show.  So I strut my stuff, hobbled over at times, and we make the best of a tough situation.


2 comments:

  1. Haha :) I feel for you! At least you are Able to laugh at it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to laugh than cry, because if I cried, I would just have to add snot-faced, puffy-eyed mess to my list of "issues." Lol

    ReplyDelete