Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's A Jungle Out There!

The wild, world of Subchorionic Hematomas: Part 4.

Bed rest is NO JOKE!  Especially when one has been glued to the recliner for the last 2 months, and was on pelvic rest the month before that.  I am fortunate that I am not completely restricted; I don't have to lie completely flat and I am allowed to get up to go to the bathroom (so thankful I don't have to use a bedpan, and I'm sure my hubby agrees.)  Also, I get out of the house to go to my doctor appointments.  Other than that, my doctors want me to rest, rest, rest - as laid back as possible.  So I have my feet up and I lounge back most of the day.

Showers have become more difficult.  Thank goodness I have a shower chair to use!  To save time and energy; however, I no longer shave my legs during shower time.  AGH!  It's a jungle out there!  It's just too much though.  And ya know what, I almost don't even care anymore, lol.  Note, I said ALMOST.

I am grateful for the discovery of electric razors... and my husband's willingness to use one on my stems.  He's temporarily joined the forestry service and hacks down the jungle when things are overgrown.  Just kidding... it's not quite that bad.  He helps me out once a week or so.

In my opinion there are five stages of leg-hair growth: 1. Smooth.  2. Prickly.  3. Fuzzy.  4. Hairy.  5. Manly (totally out of control!)  I am happy to say that during this complicated time, Big M has never let me get past stage 3, the fuzzy stage.  Thanks babe!  You're my hero!  You have spared my docs from the sight of hairy legs as well, and I'm sure they are appreciative too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.  Welcome to the jungle, baby.  Again, just kidding.  We just have to let certain "isms" go.  




1 comment:

  1. FYI: My husband says he's a category 7 on the leg-hair growth scale. I told him 5 was the highest mark, and that was out of control. He said, "Hey, I comb it every night in the shower." Glad he is goofy with me!

    ReplyDelete