Sunday, April 28, 2013

Breaking The News Of Our Second Pregnancy - Flashback

Thought I'd share another positive moment of this complicated pregnancy and tell you how we broke the news of baby number 2 to family and friends.

I mentioned in an earlier post that my hubby and I got lucky around Thanksgiving; we were not actively trying to get pregnant, although we were not preventing a pregnancy from happening either.  Of course, we didn't discover this wonderful little miracle until Christmas Eve Eve.  Due to our excitement, we decided to share the news immediately.  I mean, let's face it, Christmas gifts can't get any better than that! 

On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we told immediate family in person.  Some of the reactions were priceless.  We always give photo albums of our daughter throughout the last year to extended family members, and at the end of the albums we added a little card that said something along the lines of "We're Expecting."  After flipping through photos of our daughter and then reading the card at the end, well, those photo albums were a big hit.

When we decided to tell friends on facebook, I typed the following as my status on my wall: "Christmas [ov(BUN)en]."

Obviously these announcements weren't over the top, but the timing was perfect.  It certainly made for a memorable Christmas.

*  On a side note: I found out I was pregnant with my first child just before my mom's birthday.  At the time I lived across country.  So to break the news to her, I gave her a call and told her I found the perfect birthday gift for her and that I ordered it online.  Then I said, but it's coming from overseas and it'll take about 9 months for the company to deliver.  My mom said, "Wait a minute!"  And that's how she learned she would be a grandmother to her first grandchild.


No comments:

Post a Comment