Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's Complicated

So, it's been a year since I last posted anything... my, how the time has flown.

When I was pregnant with my first child, a friend suggested I start a blog so that friends and family who lived far away could easily keep up with my progress.  I started writing - and had a blast doing so.  I called it "The Bailey Daily."  But let's be honest, it wasn't a daily blog.

Then I decided to change gears and renamed my blog Carolina Mom Creations.  I thought it would be cool to write about life as a stay-at-home mom as I dabbled in all things domestic.  I realized all too quickly that playing with my kiddo and spending quality time with the hubbs was much more fun than writing about all of the things we were doing together.  I had to face the music, my time was not my own and I wanted to spend it wisely.

Here I am, just over a year of being absent from my last post, and pregnant again with my second child.  This pregnancy has been the complete opposite of my first: IT'S COMPLICATED!

I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have a subchorionic hematoma, which was diagnosed 3 months ago.  I've been keeping friends and family in the loop with everything that's been going on, and tonight one of those friends suggested I start blogging.  She felt that me talking about my complication could help other women going through the same thing cope.  I immediately sent her a message saying... "funny you should mention..."  As I've been on bed rest for the last two months, I've actually started thinking about writing again.  Not only could it potentially help others, but I think it would be therapeutic for me.  And it would definitely help the time pass.  Don't get me wrong, I love my recliner.  And I don't mind a weekend in pajamas.  But this business of not being able to go out and have fun is NO JOKE.  Time is moving very slowly these days. 

It's launch time, baby!  I'm gonna give blogging yet another shot.  And I'm gonna be honest about the craziness of this complicated pregnancy.  If anyone is reading, I hope this helps.  I know for me, it will be helpful to vent my emotions.  Plus, it will be nice to chronicle this time in my life for my children.  So, either way, it's a win-win!


2 comments:

  1. Um, Yay! I am glad you are coming back. I have come back as well - not sure if you are keeping up or not... :) I am still praying hard - you know that. Little man will be here before you know it - even though the days seem to drag. Stay strong and continue being the best mommy to your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma J, so glad to see you are back as well! I'll start keeping up with you again.

    Mandy J, I know! Double :) Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete