Friday, June 10, 2011

Sew, A Little Update



Here's an update on my pillowcase dress project:

I decided to practice on an actual pillowcase before I started working with my beautiful and more expensive fabric (seeing how it's been so long since I've used my sewing machine and all)... So I went to Goodwill and purchased a few cheap pieces to torture (did not have any to spare here at home.) Let me just say, wise decision. Due to practicing so late at night (and never having worked on clothing patterns), I wasn't thinking about sewing curves. [I strongly dislike sewing curves.] Didn't think about cutting little slits in the armholes before hemming and had a little problem with the fabric bunching up. Live and learn. Yes, practice. Practice, practice, practice. Always a good idea. Lesson learned. Hopefully I'll get M's dress completed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment