Monday, June 6, 2011

Not Your Granny's Burger

So my grandmother Juke used to cook a mean hamburger using hickory smoke seasoning. And my mom cooked up a mad burger too... using worcestershire sauce and Mrs. Dash. Of course these are stove-top recipes (to be made in a hurry when *wild* children are running around, such as myself at that time, demanding burgers and fries. Who had time to let the coals heat on a weeknight?)

So for dinner tonight I decided to fix up some burgers on the stove (it was the only meat I happened to have in the house... must go grocery shopping), but I wanted to deviate from the delicious tradition I grew up with and create something different. I used a little worcestershire and lime juice. Salt and fresh ground pepper of course, garlic powder, [real] bacon bits and pepper jack cheese melted on top. Boy was that one fantastic burger created on a whim! Sorry, no picks to share... created on the fly in a hurry. Side dishes: leftover veggies of your choice. Scrumptious!

1 comment:

  1. I so want another one...we will have to do them again...along with the onion rings :)

    ReplyDelete