Friday, June 10, 2011

Before I Became A Domestic Goddess



Before I became a domestic goddess I used to wear combat boots to work every day. I shined my boots and ironed my uniform. [Then we were issued new uniforms and I didn't have to iron and shine for the second half of my enlistment.] I slicked my hair back into a tight bun. I proudly wore the uniform of my branch of service. I saluted our flag. I saluted the officers in rank above me. I proudly served the United States of America. I remember the day I shipped out for basic training. First, I had to take an oath of enlistment:

I, (Courteney), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Ah, the GLORY days. I do miss them from time to time. But all things are as they should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment