Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inspiration From Francis Chan

I Dare You To Pray This


A friend shared this link with me last night and as I watched the clip, tears welled up in my eyes [this was a humbling video for me to view.] My family and I are going through a hard time right now, as I am sure many other families are as well. No matter what our circumstance, all we need is for God to simply get us through the day... to only give us our daily bread. How blessed are we to be able to be dependent on our amazing Lord and Savior. How blessed are we that He has a plan and is working everything out. I am encouraged to strengthen my relationship with God, to continue to get to know Him through His word... so that I will always rely on Him and never turn my back on Him. He has given me so much, and continues to provide. This clip has reigned me back in... while we live IN the world, sometimes it is easy to get caught up OF the world. Ask yourself what you truly need... what truly matters. You can't take material possessions with you in the end. Just a thought.

Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I ask of You oh Lord
Do not refuse me before I die
Keep falsehood and lies far from me
Give me neither poverty nor riches
But give me only my daily bread
Otherwise I may have too much and disown You and say who is the Lord
Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God

No comments:

Post a Comment