Friday, June 3, 2011

72 Degrees

Tonight was a wonderful evening to walk... 72 degrees with gentle breezes here and there. Over winter, I got comfortable sitting inside with the baby. I stopped exercising. After 4 years of continuous exercise and then nada for quite some time, my body is saying "thank you for putting your sneakers on and getting me back into shape."

It's hard for me to make myself exercise. Of course, once I get into it I feel great. But a friend and I have made a pact: summer exercise and no bailing out. Her goal: lose weight. My goal: tone. That's right, we are walking and jogging. No bails. Now I just need to add those sit-ups, push-ups, flutter kicks, leg lifts etc. No bails. Tighten and tone. My body will thank me later. I just thank my friend for holding me accountable because it is so much easier to just sit on the sofa and entertain my kid (and sneak a little tv in as well.) This Carolina Mom is Creating a new schedule for a healthier me. And bonus: I'm much happier now that I'm working out again! (Now if I could just get everything to look the way it did when I was in the military pre-baby... ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment